1 Chronicles, 14
1. Hiram king of Tyre sent envoys to David, with cedar wood, stone-cutters and carpenters, to build him a palace.
2. David then knew that Yahweh had confirmed him as king of Israel and, for the sake of his people, had extended his sovereignty.
3. David took more wives in Jerusalem and fathered more sons and daughters.
4. These are the names of the children born to him in Jerusalem: Shammua, Shobab, Nathan, Solomon,
5. Ibhar, Elishua, Elpelet,
6. Nogah, Nepheg, Japhia,
7. Elishama, Beeliada, Eliphelet.
8. When the Philistines heard that David had been anointed as king of all Israel, they all invaded to seek him out. On hearing this, David marched out towards them.
9. When the Philistines arrived, they deployed in the Valley of the Rephaim.
10. David consulted God and asked, 'Shall I attack the Philistines? Will you deliver them into my power?' Yahweh replied to him, 'Attack! I shall deliver them into your power.'
11. Accordingly, they went up to Baal-Perazim and there David defeated them. David said, 'Through me God has made a breach in my enemies, as though they had been breached by a flood.' This is why the place was given the name Baal-Perazim.
12. They had left their gods behind there, and David ordered them to be burnt.
13. Again the Philistines deployed in the valley.
14. David again consulted God, and God replied, 'Do not attack them from the front; go round and engage them opposite the balsam trees.
15. When you hear the sound of footsteps in the tops of the balsam trees, launch your attack, for that will be God going out ahead of you to defeat the Philistine army.'
16. David did as God had ordered, and they beat the Philistine army from Gibeon to Gezer.
17. David's fame then spread to every country, and Yahweh made him feared by every nation.