1 Chronicles, 14
1. And Hiram king of Tyre sent messengers to David, and cedar trees, and masons, and carpenters, to build him a house.
2. And David perceived that the Lord had confirmed him king over Israel, and that his kingdom was exalted over his people Israel.
3. And David took other wives in Jerusalem: and he beget sons, and daughters.
4. Now these are the names of them that were born to him in Jerusalem: Samua, and Sobad, Nathan, and Solomon,
5. Jebahar, and Elisua, and Eliphalet,
6. And Noga, and Napheg, and Japhia,
7. Elisama. and Baaliada, and Eliphalet.
8. And the Philistines hearing that David was anointed king over all Israel, went all up to seek him: and David heard of it, and went out against them.
9. And the Philistines came and spread themselves in the vale of Raphaim.
10. And David consulted the Lord, saying: Shall I go up against the Philistines, and wilt thou deliver them into my hand? And the Lord said to him: Go up, and I will deliver them into thy hand.
11. And when they were come to Baalpharasim, David defeated them there, and he said: God hath divided my enemies by my hand, as waters are divided: and therefore the name of that place was called Baalpharasim.
12. And they left there their gods, and David commanded that they should be burnt.
13. Another time also the Philistines made an irruption, and spread themselves abroad in the valley.
14. And David consulted God again, and God said to him: Go not up after them, turn away from them, and come upon them over against the pear trees.
15. And when thou shalt hear the sound of one going in the tops of the pear trees, then shalt thou go out to battle. For God is gone out before thee to strike the army of the Philistines.
16. And David did as God had commanded him, and defeated the army of the Philistines, slaying them from Gabaon to Gazera.
17. And the name of David became famous in all countries, and the Lord made all nations fear him.