1. Bel bows down, Nebo stoops, their idols are on beasts and cattle; these things you carry are loaded as burdens on weary beasts.
2. They stoop, they bow down together, they cannot save the burden, but themselves go into captivity.
3. "Hearken to me, O house of Jacob, all the remnant of the house of Israel, who have been borne by me from your birth, carried from the womb;
4. even to your old age I am He, and to gray hairs I will carry you. I have made, and I will bear; I will carry and will save.
5. "To whom will you liken me and make me equal, and compare me, that we may be alike?
6. Those who lavish gold from the purse, and weigh out silver in the scales, hire a goldsmith, and he makes it into a god; then they fall down and worship!
7. They lift it upon their shoulders, they carry it, they set it in its place, and it stands there; it cannot move from its place. If one cries to it, it does not answer or save him from his trouble.
8. "Remember this and consider, recall it to mind, you transgressors,
9. remember the former things of old; for I am God, and there is no other; I am God, and there is none like me,
10. declaring the end from the beginning and from ancient times things not yet done, saying, `My counsel shall stand, and I will accomplish all my purpose,'
11. calling a bird of prey from the east, the man of my counsel from a far country. I have spoken, and I will bring it to pass; I have purposed, and I will do it.
12. "Hearken to me, you stubborn of heart, you who are far from deliverance:
13. I bring near my deliverance, it is not far off, and my salvation will not tarry; I will put salvation in Zion, for Israel my glory."