1. Unto the end. The understanding of David.
2. When Doeg the Edomite came and reported to Saul, David went to the house of Ahimelech.
3. Why do you glory in malice, you who are powerful in iniquity?
4. All day long your tongue thinks up injustice. Like a sharp razor, you have wrought deceit.
5. You have loved malice above goodness, and iniquity more than speaking righteousness.
6. You have loved all precipitous words, you deceitful tongue.
7. Because of this, God will destroy you in the end. He will pull you up, and he will remove you from your tabernacle and your root from the land of the living.
8. The just will see and be afraid, and they will laugh over him, and say:
9. “Behold the man who did not set God as his helper. But he hoped in the multitude of his riches, and so he prevailed in his emptiness.”
10. But I, like a fruitful olive tree in the house of God, have hoped in the mercy of God unto eternity, and forever and ever.
11. I will confess to you forever, because you have accomplished it. And I will wait on your name, for it is good in the sight of your saints.