1. The word of Yahweh came to me,
2. "Son of man, set your face against the mountain of Seir, prophesy against it
3. and say: Thus says Yahweh: I come to strike you, mountain of Seir! I have stretched out my hand against you and I will make of you a mournful solitude.
4. I will reduce your towns to ruins, make you a desolation and you shall know that I am Yahweh.
5. I know your long-standing enmity and how you handed over the people of Israel to the sword in the day of their disaster, when their sins reached an end.
6. Because of that, as I live, word of Yahweh, I intend to give you over to bloodshed, and bloodshed will pursue you.
7. I will make of the mountain of Seir a mournful solitude and destroy all who come and go there.
8. The mountains will be filled with the slain; the victims of the sword will fall on your hills, in your valleys and ravines.
9. I will reduce you to a desolate ruins forever; no longer will your towns be inhabited and then you will know that I am Yahweh.
10. You said: 'These two nations and these two countries will be mine, we shall take possession of them,' and you disregarded Yahweh who was there.
11. Because of that, as I live, declares Yahweh, I will deal with you according to your hatred towards them and I will make myself known among them when I judge you.
12. Then you will know that I, Yahweh, have heard all the insults uttered against the mountains of Israel, such as: 'They are devastated and have been given over to us to be devoured.'
13. For I heard when you boasted against me without restraint.
14. Thus says Yahweh: When all the earth rejoices, you will be desolate.
15. Since you rejoiced when the inheritance of Israel became a deserted ruins, that is how I will deal with you. You will become a desert, Mount Seir, and Edom likewise, and people will know that I am Yahweh."