1. He said to me, "Son of man, stand up for I am about to speak to you."
2. A spirit came upon me as he spoke and kept me standing and then I heard him speak,
3. "Son of man, I am sending you to the Israelites, to a people who have rebelled against me; they and their fathers have sinned against me to this day.
4. Now I am sending you to these defiant and stubborn people to tell them 'this is the Lord Yahweh's word.'
5. So, whether they listen or not this set of rebels will know there is a prophet among them.
6. But you, son of man, do not fear them or what they say, for they will be as thorns for you and you will be sitting on a nest of scorpions. Don't be afraid of their words when you are facing this set of rebels.
7. Tell them what I say whether they choose to listen or not, for they are rebels.
8. Listen then, son of man, to what I say and don't be a rebel among rebels. Open your mouth and take in what I'm about to say."
9. I looked and saw a hand stretched out in front of me holding a scroll.
10. He unrolled it before me; on both sides were written lamentations, groanings and woes.