1. Son of man, prophesy against Gog! Say to him: Thus says Yahweh: I come against you, Gog, chief prince of Meshech and Tubal.
2. When I have led, directed and brought you from the far north to the mountains of Israel,
3. I shall break the bow in your left hand and snatch the arrows from your right hand.
4. You will fall on the mountains of Israel, you, your battalions and the nations with you. And I shall give you over to all the birds of prey and wild beasts
5. when you have fallen in the open countryside, for I have spoken, word of Yahweh.
6. I shall send fire to the land of Magog and to those living peacefully in the islands and they will know that I am Yahweh.
7. I will manifest my holy Name among my people Israel, and never again allow my holy Name to be profaned, and the nations will know that I am Yahweh, the Holy One of Israel.
8. All this will come about and take place - word of Yahweh. This is the day I foretold.
9. After that citizens of the towns of Israel will make a fire, using your weapons as fuel: small and large bucklers, bows and arrows, clubs and javelins. For seven years they will be used as fuel;
10. there will be no need to bring wood from the country or to gather it in the forests since they will have your weapons to burn. They will plunder their plunderers and loot those who looted them - word of Yahweh.
11. On that day I shall give Gog a well-known burial place in Israel, the valley of the Abarim, on the east of the sea, the valley where the traveler has to stop. There they will bury Gog and his hordes and they will call it the Valley of the Multitude of Gog.
12. It will take seven months to bury the dead and cleanse the country.
13. All the population will work at burying the dead and this will be their honor on the day I am glorified, word of Yahweh.
14. Men will work on a regular basis going around the country to bury those lying on the ground and so cleanse the land. For seven months they will go searching.
15. If, as they go through the land, they come across human remains, they will make a pile of stones beside them until the grave diggers bury them in the Valley of the Multitude of Gog
16. (the name of the town is Multitude). In that way the land will be cleansed.
17. Son of man, Yahweh says this: Say to every kind of bird and wild beast: Assemble and come together from all parts to the sacrifice I am preparing for you, a great sacrifice on the mountains of Israel at which you will eat flesh and drink blood,
18. the flesh of heroes and the blood of the world's princes. They are all rams, lambs, goats, bullocks, all fattened animals from Bashan.
19. You will eat all the fat you want and drink blood until you are drunk at the sacrifice I am preparing for you.
20. You will have your fill of horses, riders, heroes and warriors of all kinds - word of Yahweh.
21. I will show my glory among all the nations and they will know my judgment and the punishment I shall inflict on them.
22. Then Israel will know from that day onward that I am Yahweh, their God.
23. And the nations will know that Israel was exiled because they were unfaithful to me, and this was why I hid my face from them; I handed them over to their enemies and they perished by the sword.
24. I dealt with them as their defilement and sins deserved, and I hid my face from them.
25. That is why thus says Yahweh: Now, moved by my compassion for Israel, I am going to bring back the captives of Jacob and I will give glory to my holy name.
26. They will forget their shame and the treachery they committed towards me, when they live safely in their own land with no one to disturb them.
27. When I gather them from among the nations and take them from the land of their enemies, I will show my holiness through them to many nations.
28. They will know that I am Yahweh their God when, after their exile among the nations, I bring them together in their own land and leave no one behind.
29. Never again shall I hide my face from them because I shall pour out my Spirit on Israel - word of Yahweh."