1 Chronicles, 1
1. Adam, Seth, Enosh,
2. Kenan, Mahalel, Jared,
3. Enoch, Methuselah, Lamech,
4. Noah, Shem, Ham and Japheth.
5. Sons of Japheth: Gomer, Magog, the Medes, Javan, Tubal, Meshech, Tiras.
6. Sons of Gomer: Ashkenaz, Diphath, Togarmah.
7. Sons of Javan: Elisha, Tarshish, the Kittim, the Daanites.
8. Sons of Ham: Cush, Misraim, Put, Canaan.
9. Sons of Cush: Seba, Havilah, Sabta, Raama, Sabteca, Sons of Raamah: Sheba, Dedan.
10. Cush became father of Nimrod, the first potentate on earth.
11. Misraim became of the people of Lud, of Anam, of Lehab, of Naptu,
12. of Pathros, Casluh and Caphtor, from which the Philistines came.
13. Canaan became father of Sidon, his firstborn, then Heth,
14. and the Jebusites, the Amorites, Girgashites,
15. Hivites, Sinites,
16. Arvadites, Zemarites, Hamathites.
17. Sons of Shem, Elam, Asshur, Arpachshad, Lud, Aram. Sons of Aram: Uz, Hul, Gether and Meshech.
18. Arpachshad became father of Shelah, and Shelah became father of Eber.
19. To Eber were born two sons; the first was called Peleg, because it was in his time the earth was divided, and his brother was called Joktan.
20. Joktan became father of Almodad, Sheleph, Hazarmaveth, Jerah,
21. Hadoram, Uzal, Diklah,
22. Ebal, Abimael, Sheba,
23. Ophir, Havilah, Jobab; all these are sons of Joktan.
24. Shem, Arpachshad, Shelah,
25. Eber, Peleg, Reu,
26. Serug, Nahor, Terah,
27. Abram, that is Abraham.
28. Sons of Abraham: Isaac and Ishmael.
29. Sons of Ishmael: Nebaioth (his first born) then Kedar, Adbeel, Mibsam,
30. Mishma, Dumah, Massa, Hadad, Tema,
31. Jetur, Naphish and Kedemah.
32. Sons of Keturah, Abraham's concubine: Zimran, Jokshan,
33. Medan, Midian, Ishbak, and Shuah. Sons of Joksham: Sheba and Dedan. Sons of Midian were Ephah, Epher, Hanoch, Abida, Eldaah.
34. Abraham was the father of Isaac who had two sons: Esau and Israel.
35. The descendants of Esau were Eliphaz, Reuel, Jeush, Jalam and Korah.
36. The descendants of Eliphaz were Teman, Omar, Zephi, Gatam, Kenaz, Timna and Amalek.
37. The descendants of Reuel were Zerah, Shammah, and Mizzah.
38. The sons of Seir were: Lotan, Shobal, Zibeon, Anah, Dishon, Ezer, and Dishan.
39. The clans descended from Lotan were Hori and Homam. Lotan's sister was named Timna.
40. The clans descended from Shobal were Alian, Manahath, Ebal, Shephi, and Onam. The descendants of Zibeon were Aiah and Anah.
41. Anah had a son named Dishon, who was the ancestor of the clans of Hamran, Eshban, Ithran, and Cheran.
42. Ezer was the ancestor of the clans of Bilhan, Zaavan, and Jaakan.
43. Here are the kings who ruled in the land of Edom before an Israelite king ruled: Bela son of Bero; his city was called Dinhabah.
44. When Bela died, Jobab son of Zerah from Bozrah became king.
45. When Jobab died, Husham of the land of the Temanites became king.
46. When Husham died, Hadad son of Bedad became king; he defeated the Midianites in the country of Moab, and his city was called Avith.
47. When Hadad died, Samlah of Masrekah became king.
48. Samlah died and Saul of Rehoboth-han-nahar became king.
49. When Saul died, Baal-hanan son of Achbor became king.
50. When Baal-hanan died, Hadad became king. His city was called Pai; his wife's name was Mehetabel daughter of Matred, from Mezahab.
51. After Hadad died, these were the chiefs of Edom: Chief of Timna, Chief of Aliah, Chief Jetheth,
52. Chief Oholibamah, Chief of Elah, Chief Pinon,
53. Chief Kenaz, Chief Teman, Chief Mibzar, Chief Magdiel, and Chief Iram.