1. “ ‘Take off, O Jerusalem, the garment of your sorrow and troubles, and put on your beauty and the honor of that eternal glory, which you have from God.
2. God will surround you with a double garment of justice, and he will set a crown on your head of everlasting honor.
3. For God will reveal his splendor in you to all who are under heaven.
4. For your name will be given to you by God for eternity: the peace of justice and the honor of piety.
5. Arise, O Jerusalem, and stand in exaltation, and look around towards the east, and see your sons, gathering together, from the rising of the sun to the setting of the sun, by the word of the Holy One, rejoicing in the remembrance of God.
6. For they went out from you on foot, led by the enemies, but the Lord will lead them to you, being carried in honor like sons of the kingdom.
7. For God has resolved to humble every high mountain and the longstanding cliffs, and to fill up the steep valleys in order to level the ground, so that Israel may walk diligently in the honor of God.
8. Yet the woods and every sweet-smelling tree have provided shade for Israel by the commandment of God.
9. For God will lead Israel with joy into the light of his majesty, with mercy and justice, which is from him.’ ”