0. A Psalm of David.
1. I give thee thanks, O LORD, with my whole heart; before the gods I sing thy praise;
2. I bow down toward thy holy temple and give thanks to thy name for thy steadfast love and thy faithfulness; for thou hast exalted above everything thy name and thy word.
3. On the day I called, thou didst answer me, my strength of soul thou didst increase.
4. All the kings of the earth shall praise thee, O LORD, for they have heard the words of thy mouth;
5. and they shall sing of the ways of the LORD, for great is the glory of the LORD.
6. For though the LORD is high, he regards the lowly; but the haughty he knows from afar.
7. Though I walk in the midst of trouble, thou dost preserve my life; thou dost stretch out thy hand against the wrath of my enemies, and thy right hand delivers me.
8. The LORD will fulfil his purpose for me; thy steadfast love, O LORD, endures for ever. Do not forsake the work of thy hands.