1. [Psalm Of David In commemoration] Yahweh, do not correct me in anger, do not discipline me in wrath.
2. For your arrows have pierced deep into me, your hand has pressed down upon me.
3. Your indignation has left no part of me unscathed, my sin has left no health in my bones.
4. My sins stand higher than my head, they weigh on me as an unbearable weight.
5. I have stinking, festering wounds, thanks to my folly.
6. I am twisted and bent double, I spend my days in gloom.
7. My loins burn with fever, no part of me is unscathed.
8. Numbed and utterly crushed I groan in distress of heart.
9. Lord, all my longing is known to you, my sighing no secret from you,
10. my heart is throbbing, my strength has failed, the light has gone out of my eyes.
11. Friends and companions shun my disease, even the dearest of them keep their distance.
12. Those with designs on my life lay snares, those who wish me ill speak of violence and hatch treachery all day long.
13. But I hear nothing, as though I were deaf, as though dumb, saying not a word.
14. I am like the one who, hearing nothing, has no sharp answer to make.
15. For in you, Yahweh, I put my hope, you, Lord my God, will give answer.
16. I said, 'Never let them gloat over me, do not let them take advantage of me if my foot slips.'
17. There is no escape for me from falling, no relief from my misery.
18. But I make no secret of my guilt, I am anxious at the thought of my sin.
19. There is no numbering those who oppose me without cause, no counting those who hate me unprovoked,
20. repaying me evil for good, slandering me for trying to do them good.
21. Yahweh, do not desert me, my God, do not stand aloof from me.
22. Come quickly to my help, Lord, my Saviour!