1. [For the choirmaster Of the sons of Korah For oboe Song] God is both refuge and strength for us, a help always ready in trouble;
2. so we shall not be afraid though the earth be in turmoil, though mountains tumble into the depths of the sea,
3. and its waters roar and seethe, and the mountains totter as it heaves. (Yahweh Sabaoth is with us, our citadel, the God of Jacob.)Pause
4. There is a river whose streams bring joy to God's city, it sanctifies the dwelling of the Most High.
5. God is in the city, it cannot fall; at break of day God comes to its rescue.
6. Nations are in uproar, kingdoms are tumbling, when he raises his voice the earth crumbles away.
7. Yahweh Sabaoth is with us, our citadel, the God of Jacob. Pause
8. Come, consider the wonders of Yahweh, the astounding deeds he has done on the earth;
9. he puts an end to wars over the whole wide world, he breaks the bow, he snaps the spear, shields he burns in the fire.
10. 'Be still and acknowledge that I am God, supreme over nations, supreme over the world.'
11. Yahweh Sabaoth is with us, our citadel, the God of Jacob.Pause