1. Once more I raised my eyes and saw four chariots coming out from between two mountains of bronze.
2. The first chariot had red horses, the second black,
3. the third white, and the fourth dapple gray.
4. I asked the angel talking with me, "What are these, my Lord."
5. The angel replied, "These are the four winds of heaven, going forth after presenting themselves before the Lord of the whole earth.
6. The chariot with black horses goes towards the north country, the one with white horses towards the west, and the one with dapple gray horses towards the land of the south."
7. As the reds asked to start off and to patrol the earth, the angel said to them, "Go, patrol the earth!" and they went.
8. Then he cried out to me, "Look, those have just gone to the land of the north and they will set my spirit at rest in the land of the north."
9. The word of Yahweh came to me,
10. "Take offerings from the returned captives, from the hands of Heldai, Tobijah and Jedaiah, and go this very day to the house of Josiah, Zephaniah's son, where they have arrived from Babylon.
11. Take silver and gold and have crowns made, which you will set on the head of the high priest Joshua, son of Jehozadak.
12. Repeat to him these words of Yahweh Sabaoth: 'Here is the man whose name is Branch. From where he is he will branch out and build the temple of Yahweh.
13. It is he who will build the temple of Yahweh, and this will be his glory. He will sit and rule upon his throne. A priest will sit at his right, and there will be harmony between both.'
14. As for the crowns, they will remain in the temple of Yahweh as a memorial of what Heldai, Tobijah, Jedaiah and Josiah, Zephaniah's son have done.
15. Those from afar will come and help build the temple of Yahweh, and you will know that Yahweh Sabaoth has sent me to you. This will happen if you diligently listen to the voice of your God Yahweh."