1. Yahweh spoke to Moses and said,
2. "Give the people of Israel this order: When you go into the land of Canaan, this territory will be your inheritance. This is the land of Canaan with its boundaries:
3. The southern part of your country will stretch from the wilderness of Zin along the borders of Edom. It will start on the east at the southern end of the Salt Sea.
4. It will then turn south toward the Ascent of the Scorpions and go through Zin as far as Kadeshbarnea. Then it will go northwest toward Hazar-addar and pass through Azmon.
5. From Azmon the boundary will turn toward the valley at the border of Egypt and end at the Big Sea (the Mediterranean Sea).
6. The Big Sea will be your western boundary.
7. For your northern boundary you will draw a line from the Big Sea to Mount Hor,
8. then from Mount Hor you will draw a line to the Pass of Hamath, and the boundary will end at Zedad.
9. From there it will go on to Ziphron and end at Hazar-enan. This will be your northern boundary.
10. You will then draw your eastern boundary from Hazar-enan to Shepham.
11. The boundary will go south from Shepham toward Riblah on the east side of Ain and on to the hills on the eastern shore of Lake Galilee.
12. The boundary will then follow the Jordan and end at the Dead Sea. This will be your land with the boundaries surrounding it."
13. Moses then gave this instruction to the people of Israel: "This is the land you are to divide by lot, which Yahweh has commanded to be given to the remaining nine and a half tribes.
14. The tribe of Reuben and the tribe of Gad with its clans and also the half tribe of Manasseh have already been given their land
15. beyond the Jordan opposite Jericho, to the east, toward the sunrise."
16. Yahweh spoke to Moses and said:
17. "These are the names of those who will share out the land: Eleazar the priest and Joshua son of Nun,
18. with one leader from each tribe.
19. Here are the names of these men: For the tribe of Judah, Caleb son of Jephunneh;
20. for the tribe of Simeon, Shemuel son of Ammihud;
21. for the tribe of Benjamin, Elidad son of Chislon;
22. for the tribe of Dan, the leader, Bukki son of Jogli;
23. for the tribe of Manasseh, the leader Hanniel son of Ephod;
24. and for the tribe of Ephraim, the leader Kemuel son of Shiphtan;
25. for the tribe of Zebulun, the leader Elizaphan son of Parnach;
26. for the tribe of Issachar, the leader Paltiel, son of Azzan;
27. for the tribe of Asher, the leader Ahihud son of Shelomi;
28. for the tribe of Naphtali, the leader Pedahel son of Ammi-hud."
29. These are the men whom Yahweh commanded to divide the land of Canaan among the tribes of Israel as their inheritance.