1. In those days while Mordecai was resting at the king's gate together with Bigthan and Teresh, two of the king's eunuchs and palace guards,
2. he was aware that they had become irritated and were plotting to kill King Ahasuerus.
3. Mordecai investigated the matter, informed the king who had the two eunuchs questioned. They confessed and were put to death.
4. By order of the king, these events were recorded by Mordecai
5. who was rewarded and appointed to an office in the court.
6. In revenge for the king's two eunuchs, Haman son of Hammedatha, the Agagite who enjoyed the king's favor, sought to harm Mordecai and his people.