1. At that time, Michael will rise, the Great Commander who defends the sons of your people. It shall be a time of anguish as never before since the nations first existed until this very day. Then all those whose names are written in the Book will be saved.
2. Many of those who sleep in the Region of the Dust will awake, some to everlasting life but others to eternal horror and shame.
3. Those who acquired knowledge will shine like the brilliance of the firmament; those who taught people to be just will shine like the stars for all eternity.
4. And you, Daniel, keep these words secret and have the Book sealed until the appointed time of the end. Many will wander looking here and there. Wickedness will go on increasing."
5. I, Daniel, looked and saw two others standing, one on either side of the river.
6. One said to the man clothed in linen who was upstream, "When will these wonderful things take place?"
7. And I heard the answer of the man in linen who was upstream. He raised his hands to heaven and swore by the One who lives eternally: "Everything will be fulfilled within a time, two times and a half a time. When the holy people is completely crushed and without any strength, then these things will be fulfilled."
8. I heard but did not understand. Then I said, "My lord, what will be the outcome of these things?"
9. He said, "Go, Daniel, for these words are secret and sealed until the appointed time of the end.
10. Many will be purified, cleansed and proved. The impious will go on doing evil, none of them will understand anything, only the learned will understand.
11. From the time the perpetual sacrifice is suppressed and the Abominable Idol of the devastator is installed, there shall be a thousand two hundred ninety days.
12. Fortunate is the one who waits and reaches a thousand three hundred thirty-five days.
13. And you, go your way until your end. You shall rest and then rise to receive your reward at the end of time."