1. 'At that time Michael will arise -- the great Prince, defender of your people. That will be a time of great distress, unparalleled since nations first came into existence. When that time comes, your own people will be spared -- all those whose names are found written in the Book.
2. 'Of those who are sleeping in the Land of Dust, many will awaken, some to everlasting life, some to shame and everlasting disgrace.
3. Those who are wise will shine as brightly as the expanse of the heavens, and those who have instructed many in uprightness, as bright as stars for all eternity.
4. 'But you, Daniel, must keep these words secret and keep the book sealed until the time of the End. Many will roam about, this way and that, and wickedness will continue to increase.'
5. I, Daniel, then looked and saw two other people standing, one on the near bank of the river, the other on the far.
6. One of them said to the man dressed in linen who was standing further up the stream, 'How long until these wonders take place?'
7. I heard the man speak who was dressed in linen, standing further up the stream: he raised his right hand and his left to heaven and swore by him who lives for ever, 'A time and two times, and half a time; and all these things will come true, once the crushing of the holy people's power is over.'
8. I listened but did not understand. I then said, 'My lord, what is to be the outcome?'
9. 'Go, Daniel,' he said. 'These words are to remain secret and sealed until the time of the End.
10. Many will be cleansed, made white and purged; the wicked will persist in doing wrong; the wicked will never understand; those who are wise will understand.
11. From the moment that the perpetual sacrifice is abolished and the appalling abomination set up: a thousand two hundred and ninety days.
12. Blessed is he who perseveres and attains a thousand three hundred and thirty-five days.
13. But you, go away and rest; and you will rise for your reward at the end of time.'