1. Finally, brothers, pray for us, so that the word of the Lord may speed forward and be glorified, as it did among you,
2. and that we may be delivered from perverse and wicked people, for not all have faith.
3. But the Lord is faithful; he will strengthen you and guard you from the evil one.
4. We are confident of you in the Lord that what we instruct you, you (both) are doing and will continue to do.
5. May the Lord direct your hearts to the love of God and to the endurance of Christ.
6. We instruct you, brothers, in the name of (our) Lord Jesus Christ,to shun any brother who conducts himself in a disorderly way and not according to the tradition they received from us.
7. For you know how one must imitate us. For we did not act in a disorderly way among you,
8. nor did we eat food received free from anyone. On the contrary, in toil and drudgery, night and day we worked, so as not to burden any of you.
9. Not that we do not have the right. Rather, we wanted to present ourselves as a model for you, so that you might imitate us.
10. In fact, when we were with you, we instructed you that if anyone was unwilling to work, neither should that one eat.
11. We hear that some are conducting themselves among you in a disorderly way, by not keeping busy but minding the business ofothers.
12. Such people we instruct and urge in the Lord Jesus Christ to work quietly and to eat their own food.
13. But you, brothers, do not be remiss in doing good.
14. If anyone does not obey our word as expressed in this letter, take note of this person not to associate with him, that he may be put to shame.
15. Do not regard him as an enemy but admonish him as a brother.
16. May the Lord of peace himself give you peace at all times and in every way. The Lord be with all of you.
17. This greeting is in my own hand, Paul's. This is the sign in every letter; this is how I write.
18. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with all of you.