2. Deliver me from the workers of iniquity, and save me from bloody men.
3. For, lo, they lie in wait for my soul: the mighty are gathered against me; not [for] my transgression, nor [for] my sin, O LORD.
4. They run and prepare themselves without [my] fault: awake to help me, and behold.
5. Thou therefore, O LORD God of hosts, the God of Israel, awake to visit all the heathen: be not merciful to any wicked transgressors. Selah.
6. They return at evening: they make a noise like a dog, and go round about the city.
7. Behold, they belch out with their mouth: swords [are] in their lips: for who, [say they], doth hear?
8. But thou, O LORD, shalt laugh at them; thou shalt have all the heathen in derision.
9. [Because of] his strength will I wait upon thee: for God [is] my defence.
10. The God of my mercy shall prevent me: God shall let me see [my desire] upon mine enemies.
11. Slay them not, lest my people forget: scatter them by thy power; and bring them down, O Lord our shield.
12. [For] the sin of their mouth [and] the words of their lips let them even be taken in their pride: and for cursing and lying [which] they speak.
13. Consume [them] in wrath, consume [them], that they [may] not [be]: and let them know that God ruleth in Jacob unto the ends of the earth. Selah.
14. And at evening let them return; [and] let them make a noise like a dog, and go round about the city.
15. Let them wander up and down for meat, and grudge if they be not satisfied.
16. But I will sing of thy power; yea, I will sing aloud of thy mercy in the morning: for thou hast been my defence and refuge in the day of my trouble.
17. Unto thee, O my strength, will I sing: for God [is] my defence, [and] the God of my mercy.