1. Working together, then, we appeal to you not to receive the grace of God in vain.
2. For he says: "In an acceptable time I heard you, and on the day of salvation I helped you." Behold, now is a very acceptable time; behold, now is the day of salvation.
3. We cause no one to stumble in anything, in order that no fault may be found with our ministry;
4. on the contrary, in everything we commend ourselves as ministers of God, through much endurance, in afflictions, hardships, constraints,
5. beatings, imprisonments, riots, labors, vigils, fasts;
6. by purity, knowledge, patience, kindness, in a holy spirit, in unfeigned love,
7. in truthful speech, in the power of God; with weapons of righteousness at the right and at the left;
8. through glory and dishonor, insult and praise. We are treated as deceivers and yet are truthful;
9. as unrecognized and yet acknowledged; as dying and behold we live; as chastised and yet not put to death;
10. as sorrowful yet always rejoicing; as poor yet enriching many; as having nothing and yet possessing all things.
11. We have spoken frankly to you, Corinthians; our heart is open wide.
12. You are not constrained by us; you are constrained by your own affections.
13. As recompense in kind (I speak as to my children), be open yourselves.
14. Do not be yoked with those who are different, with unbelievers. For what partnership do righteousness and lawlessness have? Or what fellowship does light have with darkness?
15. What accord has Christ with Beliar? Or what has a believer in common with an unbeliever?
16. What agreement has the temple of God with idols? For we are the temple of the living God; as God said: "I will live with them and move among them, and I will be their God and they shall be my people.
17. Therefore, come forth from them and be separate," says the Lord, "and touch nothing unclean; then I will receive you
18. and I will be a father to you, and you shall be sons and daughters to me, says the Lord Almighty."