1. Then Tobit wrote a prayer of rejoicing, and said: "Blessed is God who lives for ever, and blessed is his kingdom.
2. For he afflicts, and he shows mercy; he leads down to Hades, and brings up again, and there is no one who can escape his hand.
3. Acknowledge him before the nations, O sons of Israel; for he has scattered us among them.
4. Make his greatness known there, and exalt him in the presence of all the living; because he is our Lord and God, he is our Father for ever.
5. He will afflict us for our iniquities; and again he will show mercy, and will gather us from all the nations among whom you have been scattered.
6. If you turn to him with all your heart and with all your soul, to do what is true before him, then he will turn to you and will not hide his face from you. But see what he will do with you; give thanks to him with your full voice. Praise the Lord of righteousness, and exalt the King of the ages. I give him thanks in the land of my captivity, and I show his power and majesty to a nation of sinners. Turn back, you sinners, and do right before him; who knows if he will accept you and have mercy on you?
7. I exalt my God; my soul exalts the King of heaven, and will rejoice in his majesty.
8. Let all men speak, and give him thanks in Jerusalem.
9. O Jerusalem, the holy city, he will afflict you for the deeds of your sons, but again he will show mercy to the sons of the righteous.
10. Give thanks worthily to the Lord, and praise the King of the ages, that his tent may be raised for you again with joy. May he cheer those within you who are captives, and love those within you who are distressed, to all generations for ever.
11. Many nations will come from afar to the name of the Lord God, bearing gifts in their hands, gifts for the King of heaven. Generations of generations will give you joyful praise.
12. Cursed are all who hate you; blessed for ever will be all who love you.
13. Rejoice and be glad for the sons of the righteous; for they will be gathered together, and will praise the Lord of the righteous.
14. How blessed are those who love you! They will rejoice in your peace. Blessed are those who grieved over all your afflictions; for they will rejoice for you upon seeing all your glory, and they will be made glad for ever.
15. Let my soul praise God the great King.
16. For Jerusalem will be built with sapphires and emeralds, her walls with precious stones, and her towers and battlements with pure gold.
17. The streets of Jerusalem will be paved with beryl and ruby and stones of Ophir;
18. all her lanes will cry `Hallelujah!' and will give praise, saying, `Blessed is God, who has exalted you for ever.'"