1. For the director. According to Yonath elem rehoqim. A miktam of David, when the Philistines seized him at Gath.
2. Have mercy on me, God, for I am treated harshly; attackers press me all the day.
3. My foes treat me harshly all the day; yes, many are my attackers. O Most High,
4. when I am afraid, in you I place my trust.
5. God, I praise your promise; in you I trust, I do not fear. What can mere flesh do to me?
6. All the day they foil my plans; their every thought is of evil against me.
7. They hide together in ambush; they watch my every step; they lie in wait for my life.
8. They are evil; watch them, God! Cast the nations down in your anger!
9. My wanderings you have noted; are my tears not stored in your vial, recorded in your book?
10. My foes turn back when I call on you. This I know: God is on my side.
11. God, I praise your promise;
12. in you I trust, I do not fear. What can mere mortals do to me?
13. I have made vows to you, God; with offerings I will fulfill them,
14. Once you have snatched me from death, kept my feet from stumbling, That I may walk before God in the light of the living.