1. I rejoiced with those who said to me, "Let us go to the house of the Lord!"
2. And now we have set foot within your gates, O Jerusalem!
3. Jerusalem, just like a city, where everything falls into place!
4. There the tribes go up, the tribes of the Lord, the assembly of Israel, to give thanks to the Lord's name,
5. There stand the courts of justice the offices of the house of David.
6. Pray for the peace of Jerusalem: "May those who love you prosper!
7. May peace be within your walls and security within your citadels!"
8. For the sake of my relatives and friends I will say, "Peace be with you!"
9. For the sake of the house of our Lord, I will pray for your good.