2. I cry aloud to God - aloud that he may hear me.
3. In the day of trouble I seek the Lord, and stretch out my hand untiringly, my soul refusing to be consoled.
4. When I think of God I sigh; when I meditate my spirit fails.
5. You keep my eyes watchful; I am so troubled I cannot speak,
6. I remember the days of old. I consider the years of long ago
7. and the whole night my soul remains disturbed, my spirit wonders,
8. "Will the Lord keep silent forever? Will he never show his favor again?
9. Has he locked his love and ended his promise for all time?
10. Is God forgetting his mercy? Has he in anger withheld his compassion?"
11. This is what makes me distraught - that the Most High no longer acts as before.
12. I remember the deeds of the Lord; I recall his marvels of old.
13. I meditate on all your work, and consider your mighty deeds.
14. Your way, O God, is most holy. Is there any god greater than you, our God?
15. You alone are the God who works wonders, who has made known his power to the nations.
16. With power you have redeemed your people, the descendants of Jacob and Joseph.
17. When the waters saw you, O God, they were afraid, the depths of the sea trembled.
18. The clouds poured down rain; the skies resounded with thunder; your arrows flashed from every side.
19. Your thunder crashed in the midst of the whirlwind; your lightning lit up the world; the earth shook and trembled.
20. Your path led through the sea, your way through the great water, but your footprints were nowhere to be seen.
21. You led your people as a flock by the hand of Moses and Aaron.