1. Unto the end. A Psalm of David. The fool has said in his heart, “There is no God.” They were corrupted, and they have become abominable in their studies. There is no one who does good; there is not even one.
2. The Lord has looked down from heaven upon the sons of men, to see if there were any who were considering or seeking God.
3. They have all gone astray; together they have become useless. There is no one who does good; there is not even one.
4. Their throat is an open sepulcher. With their tongues, they have been acting deceitfully; the venom of asps is under their lips. Their mouth is full of curses and bitterness.
5. Their feet are swift to shed blood. Grief and unhappiness are in their ways; and the way of peace, they have not known.
6. There is no fear of God before their eyes.
7. Will they never learn: all those who work iniquity, who devour my people like a meal of bread?
8. They have not called upon the Lord. There, they have trembled in fear, where there was no fear.
9. For the Lord is with the just generation. You have confounded the counsel of the needy because the Lord is his hope.
10. Who will grant the salvation of Israel from Zion? When the Lord turns away the captivity of his people, Jacob will exult, and Israel will rejoice.