1. A Canticle Psalm of Asaph.
2. O God, who will ever be like you? Do not be silent, and do not be unmoved, O God.
3. For behold, your enemies have sounded off, and those who hate you have carried out a head.
4. They have acted with malice in counsel over your people, and they have plotted against your holy ones.
5. They have said, “Come, let us scatter them from the nations and not allow the name of Israel to be remembered any longer.”
6. For they plotted unanimously. Joined together against you, they ordained a covenant:
7. the tabernacle of Edomites and Ishmaelites, and Moab and the Hagarites,
8. and Gebal, and Ammon, and Amalek, the foreigners among the inhabitants of Tyre.
9. For even Assur comes with them. They have become the helpers of the sons of Lot.
10. Do to them as you did to Midian and Sisera, just as to Jabin at the torrent of Kishon.
11. They perished at Endor, and they became like the dung of the earth.
12. Set their leaders to be like Oreb and Zeeb, and Zebah and Zalmunna: all their leaders
13. who said, “Let us possess the Sanctuary of God for an inheritance.”
14. My God, set them like a wheel, and like stubble before the face of the wind.
15. Set them like a fire burning up the forest, and like a flame burning up the mountains.
16. So will you pursue them in your tempest, and disturb them in your wrath.
17. Fill their faces with shame, and they will seek your name, O Lord.
18. Let them be ashamed and troubled, from age to age, and let them be confounded and perish.
19. And let them know that the Lord is your name. You alone are the Most High in all the earth.