1. <[A Psalm] of David.> Unto thee, O LORD, do I lift up my soul.
2. O my God, I trust in thee: let me not be ashamed, let not mine enemies triumph over me.
3. Yea, let none that wait on thee be ashamed: let them be ashamed which transgress without cause.
4. Shew me thy ways, O LORD; teach me thy paths.
5. Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou [art] the God of my salvation; on thee do I wait all the day.
6. Remember, O LORD, thy tender mercies and thy lovingkindnesses; for they [have been] ever of old.
7. Remember not the sins of my youth, nor my transgressions: according to thy mercy remember thou me for thy goodness' sake, O LORD.
8. Good and upright [is] the LORD: therefore will he teach sinners in the way.
9. The meek will he guide in judgment: and the meek will he teach his way.
10. All the paths of the LORD [are] mercy and truth unto such as keep his covenant and his testimonies.
11. For thy name's sake, O LORD, pardon mine iniquity; for it [is] great.
12. What man [is] he that feareth the LORD? him shall he teach in the way [that] he shall choose.
13. His soul shall dwell at ease; and his seed shall inherit the earth.
14. The secret of the LORD [is] with them that fear him; and he will shew them his covenant.
15. Mine eyes [are] ever toward the LORD; for he shall pluck my feet out of the net.
16. Turn thee unto me, and have mercy upon me; for I [am] desolate and afflicted.
17. The troubles of my heart are enlarged: [O] bring thou me out of my distresses.
18. Look upon mine affliction and my pain; and forgive all my sins.
19. Consider mine enemies; for they are many; and they hate me with cruel hatred.
20. O keep my soul, and deliver me: let me not be ashamed; for I put my trust in thee.
21. Let integrity and uprightness preserve me; for I wait on thee.
22. Redeem Israel, O God, out of all his troubles.