1. [Psalm Of David When he was in the desert of Judah] God, you are my God, I pine for you; my heart thirsts for you, my body longs for you, as a land parched, dreary and waterless.
2. Thus I have gazed on you in the sanctuary, seeing your power and your glory.
3. Better your faithful love than life itself; my lips will praise you.
4. Thus I will bless you all my life, in your name lift up my hands.
5. All my longings fulfilled as with fat and rich foods, a song of joy on my lips and praise in my mouth.
6. On my bed when I think of you, I muse on you in the watches of the night,
7. for you have always been my help; in the shadow of your wings I rejoice;
8. my heart clings to you, your right hand supports me.
9. May those who are hounding me to death go down to the depths of the earth,
10. given over to the blade of the sword, and left as food for jackals.
11. Then the king shall rejoice in God, all who swear by him shall gain recognition, for the mouths of liars shall be silenced.