1. Bless Yahweh, my soul, Yahweh, my God, how great you are! Clothed in majesty and splendour,
2. wearing the light as a robe! You stretch out the heavens like a tent,
3. build your palace on the waters above, making the clouds your chariot, gliding on the wings of the wind,
4. appointing the winds your messengers, flames of fire your servants.
5. You fixed the earth on its foundations, for ever and ever it shall not be shaken;
6. you covered it with the deep like a garment, the waters overtopping the mountains.
7. At your reproof the waters fled, at the voice of your thunder they sped away,
8. flowing over mountains, down valleys, to the place you had fixed for them;
9. you made a limit they were not to cross, they were not to return and cover the earth.
10. In the ravines you opened up springs, running down between the mountains,
11. supplying water for all the wild beasts; the wild asses quench their thirst,
12. on their banks the birds of the air make their nests, they sing among the leaves.
13. From your high halls you water the mountains, satisfying the earth with the fruit of your works:
14. for cattle you make the grass grow, and for people the plants they need, to bring forth food from the earth,
15. and wine to cheer people's hearts, oil to make their faces glow, food to make them sturdy of heart.
16. The trees of Yahweh drink their fill, the cedars of Lebanon which he sowed;
17. there the birds build their nests, on the highest branches the stork makes its home;
18. for the wild goats there are the mountains, in the crags the coneys find refuge.
19. He made the moon to mark the seasons, the sun knows when to set.
20. You bring on darkness, and night falls, when all the forest beasts roam around;
21. young lions roar for their prey, asking God for their food.
22. The sun rises and away they steal, back to their lairs to lie down,
23. and man goes out to work, to labour till evening falls.
24. How countless are your works, Yahweh, all of them made so wisely! The earth is full of your creatures.
25. Then there is the sea, with its vast expanses teeming with countless creatures, creatures both great and small;
26. there ships pass to and fro, and Leviathan whom you made to sport with.
27. They all depend upon you, to feed them when they need it.
28. You provide the food they gather, your open hand gives them their fill.
29. Turn away your face and they panic; take back their breath and they die and revert to dust.
30. Send out your breath and life begins; you renew the face of the earth.
31. Glory to Yahweh for ever! May Yahweh find joy in his creatures!
32. At his glance the earth trembles, at his touch the mountains pour forth smoke.
33. I shall sing to Yahweh all my life, make music for my God as long as I live.
34. May my musings be pleasing to him, for Yahweh gives me joy.
35. May sinners vanish from the earth, and the wicked exist no more! Bless Yahweh, my soul.