1. You who dwell in the shelter of the Most High, who rest in the shadow of the Almighty,
2. say to the Lord, "My stronghold, my refuge, my God in whom I trust!"
3. He will rescue you from the fowler's snare and from the deadly pestilence.
4. He will cover you with his pinions and give you refuge under his wings.
5. You shall not fear the terror of the night nor the arrows that fly by day,
6. nor the pestilence that stalks by night, and the plague that destroys at noonday.
7. A thousand may fall at your side, ten thousand at your right hand, but nothing shall befall you, his faithfulness is your shield.
8. Open your eyes: you will see how the wicked are repaid.
9. If you have made the Lord your refuge, the Most High your stronghold,
10. no harm will come upon you, no disaster will draw near your home.
11. For he will command his angels to guard you in all your ways.
12. They will lift you up with their hands so that your foot will not hit a stone.
13. You will tread on wildcats and snakes and trample the lion and the dragon.
14. "Because they cling to me, I will rescue them," says the Lord. "I will protect those who know my name.
15. When they call to me, I will answer; in time of trouble I will be with them; I will deliver and honor them.
16. I will satisfy them with long life and show them my salvation."