2. Do not be silent, O God, hold not your peace, be not unmoved!
3. See how your enemies are astir; those who hate you rear their heads.
4. Craftily they plot against your people, they conspire against those you protect.
5. They say, "Let us finish them as a nation. Let the name of Israel be forgotten!"
6. With one heart they devise a scheme and form an alliance against you:
7. the people of Edom and the Ishmaelites, Moab and the progeny of Hagar,
8. Gebal and Ammon and Amalek, Philistia, with the people of Tyre.
9. Those from Sur are in league with them and lend support to Lot's descendants.
10. Deal with them as you did with Midian, with Sisera and Yabin at the river Kishon;
11. they perished at Endor and became dung for the ground.
12. Make their nobles like Oreb and Zeeb, all their chiefs like Zebah and Zalmunna,
13. who said, "Let us seize the pasture lands of God."
14. O my God, make them like leaves caught in a whirlwind, like chaff helpless before the wind.
15. As fire consumes the forest, as flames set the mountains ablaze,
16. drive them out with your tempest and terrify them with your storm.
17. Cover their faces with shame, O Lord, that they may seek your name.
18. Let them be dismayed and abashed forever; let them perish in disgrace.
19. Let them know that you alone, whose name is the Lord, are the Most High over all the world.