1. And the angel who talked with me came again, and waked me, like a man that is wakened out of his sleep.
2. And he said to me, "What do you see?" I said, "I see, and behold, a lampstand all of gold, with a bowl on the top of it, and seven lamps on it, with seven lips on each of the lamps which are on the top of it.
3. And there are two olive trees by it, one on the right of the bowl and the other on its left."
4. And I said to the angel who talked with me, "What are these, my lord?"
5. Then the angel who talked with me answered me, "Do you not know what these are?" I said, "No, my lord."
6. Then he said to me, "This is the word of the LORD to Zerub'babel: Not by might, nor by power, but by my Spirit, says the LORD of hosts.
7. What are you, O great mountain? Before Zerub'babel you shall become a plain; and he shall bring forward the top stone amid shouts of `Grace, grace to it!'"
8. Moreover the word of the LORD came to me, saying,
9. "The hands of Zerub'babel have laid the foundation of this house; his hands shall also complete it. Then you will know that the LORD of hosts has sent me to you.
10. For whoever has despised the day of small things shall rejoice, and shall see the plummet in the hand of Zerub'babel. "These seven are the eyes of the LORD, which range through the whole earth."
11. Then I said to him, "What are these two olive trees on the right and the left of the lampstand?"
12. And a second time I said to him, "What are these two branches of the olive trees, which are beside the two golden pipes from which the oil is poured out?"
13. He said to me, "Do you not know what these are?" I said, "No, my lord."
14. Then he said, "These are the two anointed who stand by the Lord of the whole earth."