1. A Canticle Psalm. In dedication to the house of David.
2. I will extol you, Lord, for you have sustained me, and you have not allowed my enemies to delight over me.
3. O Lord my God, I have cried out to you, and you have healed me.
4. Lord, you led my soul away from Hell. You have saved me from those who descend into the pit.
5. Sing a psalm to the Lord, you his saints, and confess with remembrance of his holiness.
6. For wrath is in his indignation, and life is in his will. Toward evening, weeping will linger, and toward morning, gladness.
7. But I have said in my abundance: “I will never be disturbed.”
8. O Lord, in your will, you made virtue preferable to beauty for me. You turned your face away from me, and I became disturbed.
9. To you, Lord, I will cry out. And I will make supplication to my God.
10. What use would there be in my blood, if I descend into corruption? Will dust confess to you or announce your truth?
11. The Lord has heard, and he has been merciful to me. The Lord has become my helper.
12. You have turned my mourning into gladness for me. You have cut off my sackcloth, and you have surrounded me with joy.
13. So then, may my glory sing to you, and may I not regret it. O Lord, my God, I will confess to you for eternity.