1. The inscription of a title: of David himself. Preserve me, O Lord, because I have hoped in you.
2. I have said to the Lord: “You are my God, so you have no need of my goodness.”
3. As for the saints, who are in his land: he has made all my desires wonderful in them.
4. Their infirmities have been multiplied; after this, they acted more quickly. I will not gather for their convocations of blood, nor will I remember their names with my lips.
5. The Lord is the portion of my inheritance and my cup. It is you who will restore my inheritance to me.
6. The lots have fallen upon me with clarity. And, indeed, my inheritance has been very clear to me.
7. I will bless the Lord, who has bestowed understanding upon me. Moreover, my temperament has also corrected me, even through the night.
8. I have made provision for the Lord always in my sight. For he is at my right hand, so that I may not be disturbed.
9. Because of this, my heart has been joyful, and my tongue has exulted. Moreover, even my body will rest in hope.
10. For you will not abandon my soul to Hell, nor will you allow your holy one to see corruption.
11. You have made known to me the ways of life; you will fill me with joy by your countenance. At your right hand are delights, even to the end.