0. To the choirmaster: with stringed instruments. A Maskil of David, when the Ziphites went and told Saul, "David is in hiding among us."
1. Save me, O God, by thy name, and vindicate me by thy might.
2. Hear my prayer, O God; give ear to the words of my mouth.
3. For insolent men have risen against me, ruthless men seek my life; they do not set God before them. [Selah]
4. Behold, God is my helper; the Lord is the upholder of my life.
5. He will requite my enemies with evil; in thy faithfulness put an end to them.
6. With a freewill offering I will sacrifice to thee; I will give thanks to thy name, O LORD, for it is good.
7. For thou hast delivered me from every trouble, and my eye has looked in triumph on my enemies.