0. To the choirmaster: according to Mahalath. A Maskil of David.
1. The fool says in his heart, "There is no God." They are corrupt, doing abominable iniquity; there is none that does good.
2. God looks down from heaven upon the sons of men to see if there are any that are wise, that seek after God.
3. They have all fallen away; they are all alike depraved; there is none that does good, no, not one.
4. Have those who work evil no understanding, who eat up my people as they eat bread, and do not call upon God?
5. There they are, in great terror, in terror such as has not been! For God will scatter the bones of the ungodly; they will be put to shame, for God has rejected them.
6. O that deliverance for Israel would come from Zion! When God restores the fortunes of his people, Jacob will rejoice and Israel be glad.