0. A Psalm of David. A Song at the dedication of the Temple.
1. I will extol thee, O LORD, for thou hast drawn me up, and hast not let my foes rejoice over me.
2. O LORD my God, I cried to thee for help, and thou hast healed me.
3. O LORD, thou hast brought up my soul from Sheol, restored me to life from among those gone down to the Pit.
4. Sing praises to the LORD, O you his saints, and give thanks to his holy name.
5. For his anger is but for a moment, and his favor is for a lifetime. Weeping may tarry for the night, but joy comes with the morning.
6. As for me, I said in my prosperity, "I shall never be moved."
7. By thy favor, O LORD, thou hadst established me as a strong mountain; thou didst hide thy face, I was dismayed.
8. To thee, O LORD, I cried; and to the LORD I made supplication:
9. "What profit is there in my death, if I go down to the Pit? Will the dust praise thee? Will it tell of thy faithfulness?
10. Hear, O LORD, and be gracious to me! O LORD, be thou my helper!"
11. Thou hast turned for me my mourning into dancing; thou hast loosed my sackcloth and girded me with gladness,
12. that my soul may praise thee and not be silent. O LORD my God, I will give thanks to thee for ever.