1. Mary Magdalene and the other Mary came to see the tomb.
2. And behold, there was a great earthquake; for an angel of the Lord descended from heaven, approached, rolled back the stone, and sat upon it.
3. His appearance was like lightning and his clothing was white as snow.
4. The guards were shaken with fear of him and became like dead men.
5. Then the angel said to the women in reply, "Do not be afraid! I know that you are seeking Jesus the crucified.
6. He is not here, for he has been raised just as he said. Come and see the place where he lay.
7. Then go quickly and tell his disciples, 'He has been raised from the dead, and he is going before you to Galilee; there you will see him.' Behold, I have told you."
8. Then they went away quickly from the tomb, fearful yet overjoyed, and ran to announce this to his disciples.
9. And behold, Jesus met them on their way and greeted them. They approached, embraced his feet, and did him homage.
10. Then Jesus said to them, "Do not be afraid. Go tell my brothers to go to Galilee, and there they will see me."
11. While they were going, some of the guard went into the city and told the chief priests all that had happened.
12. They assembled with the elders and took counsel; then they gave a large sum of money to the soldiers,
13. telling them, "You are to say, 'His disciples came by night and stole him while we were asleep.'
14. And if this gets to the ears of the governor, we will satisfy (him) and keep you out of trouble."
15. The soldiers took the money and did as they were instructed. And this story has circulated among the Jews to the present (day).
16. disciples went to Galilee, to the mountain to which Jesus had ordered them.
17. When they saw him, they worshiped, but they doubted.
18. Then Jesus approached and said to them, "All power in heaven and on earth has been given to me.
19. Go, therefore, and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the holy Spirit,
20. teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, until the end of the age."