1. When the Lord brought the exiles back to Zion, we were like those moving in a dream.
2. Then our mouths were filled with laughter, and our tongues with songs of joy. Among the nations it was said, "The Lord has done great things for them."
3. The Lord had done great things for us, and we were glad indeed.
4. Bring back our exiles, O Lord, like fresh streams in the desert.
5. Those who sow in tears will reap with songs and shouts of joy.
6. They went forth weeping, bearing the seeds for sowing, they will come home with joyful shouts, bringing their harvested sheaves.