1. When I came to reveal to you he mystery of God's plan I did not count on eloquence or on a show of learning.
2. I was determined not to know anything among you but Jesus, the Messiah, and a crucified Messiah.
3. I myself came weak, fearful and trembling;
4. my words and preaching were not brilliant or clever to win listeners.
5. It was, rather, a demonstration of spirit and power, so that your faith might be a matter, not of human wisdom, but of God's power.
6. In fact, we do speak of wisdom to the mature in faith, although it is not a wisdom of this world or of its rulers, who, by the way, come to nothing.
7. We teach the mystery and secret plan of divine wisdom, which God destined from the beginning to bring us to Glory.
8. No ruler of this world ever knew this; otherwise they would not have crucified the Lord of Glory.
9. But as Scripture says: Eye has not seen, ear has not heard, nor has it dawned on the mind what God has prepared for those who love him.
10. God has revealed it to us, through his Spirit, because the Spirit probes everything, even the depth of God.
11. Who but his own spirit knows the secrets of a person? Similarly, no one but the Spirit of God knows the secrets of God.
12. We have not received the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who comes from God and, through him, we understand what God in his goodness has given us.
13. So we speak of this, not in terms inspired by human wisdom, but in a language taught by the Spirit, explaining a spiritual wisdom to spiritual persons.
14. The one who remains on the psychologic level does not understand the things of the Spirit. They are foolishness for him and he does not understand because they require a spiritual experience.
15. On the other hand, the spiritual person judges everything but no one judges him.
16. Who has known the mind of God so as to teach him? But we have the mind of Christ.