1. Then Tobias called the Angel to him, whom he indeed considered to be a man, and he said to him: “Brother Azariah, I implore you to listen to my words:
2. If I should give myself to be your servant, I would not be equally worthy of your providence.
3. Even so, I beg you to take with you beasts or even servants, and to go to Gabael in Rages, the city of the Medes, and restore to him his handwritten note, and receive from him the money, and petition him to come to my wedding celebration.
4. For you know that my father numbers the days. And if I delay one day more, his soul will be afflicted.
5. And surely you see how Raguel has obtained my oath, an oath that I am not able to spurn.”
6. Then Raphael borrowed four of the servants of Raguel, and two camels, and he traveled to Rages, the city of the Medes. And upon finding Gabael, he gave him his handwritten note, and he received from him all the money.
7. And he revealed to him, concerning Tobias the son of Tobit, all that had been done. And he made him come with him to the wedding celebration.
8. And when he had entered into the house of Raguel, he discovered Tobias reclining at table. And leaping up, they kissed each other. And Gabael wept, and he blessed God.
9. And he said: “May the God of Israel bless you, for you are the son of a man most noble and just, fearing God and performing almsgiving.
10. And may a blessing be spoken over your wife and over your parents.
11. And may you see your sons, and the sons of your sons, even to the third and fourth generation. And may your offspring be blessed by the God of Israel, who reigns forever and ever.”
12. And when all had said, “Amen,” they approached the feast. But they also celebrated the marriage feast with the fear of the Lord.