1. The word of Yahweh was addressed to me as follows,
2. 'Son of man, turn towards Mount Seir and prophesy against it.
3. Say to it, "The Lord Yahweh says this: Look, I am against you, Mount Seir; I shall stretch out my hand against you; I shall make you a desolate waste;
4. I shall lay your towns in ruins. You will become a waste and you will know that I am Yahweh.
5. Since, following a long-standing hatred, you betrayed the Israelites to the sword on the day of their distress, on the day when an end came for their guilt,
6. very well, as I live -- declares the Lord Yahweh -- I destine you to bloodshed, and bloodshed will pursue you. I swear it; you have incurred guilt by shedding blood, and bloodshed will pursue you.
7. I shall make Mount Seir a desolate waste and denude it of anyone travelling to and fro.
8. I shall fill its mountains with its slaughtered; on your hills, in your valleys and in all your ravines, those slaughtered by the sword will fall.
9. I shall make you a perpetual waste, your towns will never be inhabited again, and you will know that I am Yahweh.
10. "Since you said: The two nations and the two countries will be mine; we are going to take possession of it, although Yahweh was there,
11. very well, as I live -- declares the Lord Yahweh -- I shall act with the same anger and jealousy as you acted in your hatred for them. I shall make myself known for their sake, when I punish you,
12. and you will know that I, Yahweh, have heard all the blasphemies which you have uttered against the mountains of Israel, such as: They have been laid waste, they have been given to us for us to devour.
13. Great was your insolence towards me, many your speeches against me; I have heard!
14. Lord Yahweh says this: To the joy of the whole world, I shall make you a waste.
15. Since you rejoiced because the heritage of the House of Israel had been laid waste, I shall do the same to you, Mount Seir; and you will become a waste, and so will the whole of Edom; and they will know that I am Yahweh.' "