1. Yahweh said to Noah, "Go into the ark, you and all your household, for I see that you are just in this generation.
2. Of all the clean animals, you are to take with you seven of each kind, male and female, and a pair of unclean animals, a male and a female.
3. In the same way for the birds of the air, take seven and seven, male and female, to keep their kind alive over all the earth,
4. for in seven days I will send rain on the earth for forty days and forty nights. I will blot out from the face of the earth all the living creatures I have created."
5. Noah did all as Yahweh had commanded.
6. Noah was six hundred years old when the floodwaters covered the earth.
7. So Noah went into the ark with his children, his wife and his sons' wives to escape the waters of the flood.
8. Clean animals and also unclean, birds, and all that crawls on the earth went into the ark with Noah;
9. they went two and two, male and female, as God had commanded Noah.
10. And after seven days the waters of the flood were over the earth.
11. In the six hundredth year of Noah's life, in the second month and on the seventeenth day of the month, all the fountains of the great deep burst forth
12. and there was a downpour on the earth lasting forty days and forty nights.
13. On that same day Noah went into the ark, as well as Shem, Ham and Japheth, his sons, and his wife and his daughters-in-law.
14. All the animals according to their kind also entered into the ark, all the cattle, all the creeping things that crawl on the earth and all the birds according to their kind; all that flies and everything with wings.
15. They came to Noah in the ark, two by two, all creatures that had the breath of life in them.
16. And they that went in were male and female just as God had commanded. Then Yahweh closed the door on Noah.
17. The flood lasted for forty days on the earth. The waters rose and lifted the ark and raised it above the earth.
18. The waters rose and increased greatly on the earth and the ark floated on the surface of the waters.
19. The water rose more and more above the earth and all the high mountains under the heavens were submerged.
20. The waters had risen and covered the mountains to a depth of more than twenty feet.
21. Every living thing that moved on the earth died: birds, cattle, animals, everything that swarmed on the earth - and all humankind.
22. All on the face of the earth that had the breath of life in its nostrils died.
23. Every living being on the face of the earth, men and animals, and creatures that crawl and the birds of the air were wiped off the earth. Only Noah was left and those that were with him in the ark.
24. The waters flooded the earth for one hundred and fifty days.