1. Happy the husband of a good wife, the number of his days will be doubled.
2. A woman of character is her husband's joy, he will live in peace all the years of his life.
3. A good wife is the best of gifts, reserved for those who fear the Lord;
4. rich or poor, he will have a serene heart and a happy face.
5. Three things disturb me and a fourth frightens me: neighborhood gossip, a rioting mob, a false accusation, all these are worse than death.
6. But the woman jealous of another woman brings heartbreak, her tongue lashes out at everyone.
7. A bad wife is like a badly fixed yoke; taking her is like grasping a scorpion.
8. A drunken wife causes scandal; her disgrace will not remain hidden.
9. A licentious woman is noticed by her secretive looks and recognized by her lively eyes.
10. Keep a firm eye on a defiant daughter, so that she may not take advantage of some occasion.
11. Guard against the provocative woman and do not be surprised if she wishes to drag you into disgrace.
12. She opens her mouth like a thirsty traveler to drink any water coming her way; she sits by any pole and opens her quiver to every arrow.
13. A wife's grace gladdens her husband and her prudence refreshes his body.
14. A wife who knows how to be silent is a gift from the Lord; the well-trained wife is invaluable.
15. A modest wife is a favor among favors; the chaste wife is priceless.
16. Like the sun rising over the mountains of the Lord, such is the enchantment of a good wife in a well-kept house.
17. Like the light which shines from the sacred lampstand, such is a beautiful face in a well-shaped body.
18. Like pillars of gold on a silver base, such are beautiful legs on sturdy feet.
28. There are two things which grieve me and a third which makes me angry: a warrior who suffers want; intelligent men who are treated contemptuously; a man who turns from virtue to sin. The Lord singles this man out to strike him down.
29. The merchant can barely avoid greed; the shopkeeper cannot remain sinless.