1. 'When that day comes, a fountain will be opened for the House of David and the inhabitants of Jerusalem, to wash sin and impurity away.
2. 'When that day comes -- Yahweh declares -- I shall cut off the names of the idols from the country, and they will never be remembered again; I shall also rid the country of the prophets, and of the spirit of impurity.
3. Then, if anyone still goes on prophesying, his parents, his own father and mother will say to him, "You shall not live, since you utter lies in Yahweh's name." And even while he is prophesying, his parents, his own father and mother will pierce him through.
4. When that day comes, the prophets will all be ashamed to relate their visions when they prophesy and no longer put on their hair cloaks with intent to deceive.
5. Instead, they will say, "I am no prophet. I am a man who tills the soil, for the land has been my living since I was a boy."
6. And if anyone asks him, "What are those gashes on your chest?" he will reply, "I got them when I was with my friends." '
7. Awake, sword, against my shepherd, against the man who is close to me- declares Yahweh Sabaoth! Strike the shepherd, scatter the sheep! And I shall turn my hand against the young!
8. So it will be, throughout the country- declares Yahweh Sabaoth- two-thirds in it will be cut off (be killed) and the other third will be left.
9. I shall pass this third through the fire, refine them as silver is refined, test them as gold is tested. He will call on my name and I shall answer him; I shall say, 'He is my people,' and he will say, 'Yahweh is my God!'