1. When the Lamb opened the seventh seal, there was silence in heaven for about half an hour.
2. Then I saw the seven angels who stand before God, and seven trumpets were given to them.
3. And another angel came and stood at the altar with a golden censer; and he was given much incense to mingle with the prayers of all the saints upon the golden altar before the throne;
4. and the smoke of the incense rose with the prayers of the saints from the hand of the angel before God.
5. Then the angel took the censer and filled it with fire from the altar and threw it on the earth; and there were peals of thunder, voices, flashes of lightning, and an earthquake.
6. Now the seven angels who had the seven trumpets made ready to blow them.
7. The first angel blew his trumpet, and there followed hail and fire, mixed with blood, which fell on the earth; and a third of the earth was burnt up, and a third of the trees were burnt up, and all green grass was burnt up.
8. The second angel blew his trumpet, and something like a great mountain, burning with fire, was thrown into the sea;
9. and a third of the sea became blood, a third of the living creatures in the sea died, and a third of the ships were destroyed.
10. The third angel blew his trumpet, and a great star fell from heaven, blazing like a torch, and it fell on a third of the rivers and on the fountains of water.
11. The name of the star is Wormwood. A third of the waters became wormwood, and many men died of the water, because it was made bitter.
12. The fourth angel blew his trumpet, and a third of the sun was struck, and a third of the moon, and a third of the stars, so that a third of their light was darkened; a third of the day was kept from shining, and likewise a third of the night.
13. Then I looked, and I heard an eagle crying with a loud voice, as it flew in midheaven, "Woe, woe, woe to those who dwell on the earth, at the blasts of the other trumpets which the three angels are about to blow!"