1. Then I saw an angel coming down from heaven, holding in his hand the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain.
2. And he seized the dragon, that ancient serpent, who is the Devil and Satan, and bound him for a thousand years,
3. and threw him into the pit, and shut it and sealed it over him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years were ended. After that he must be loosed for a little while.
4. Then I saw thrones, and seated on them were those to whom judgment was committed. Also I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for their testimony to Jesus and for the word of God, and who had not worshiped the beast or its image and had not received its mark on their foreheads or their hands. They came to life, and reigned with Christ a thousand years.
5. The rest of the dead did not come to life until the thousand years were ended. This is the first resurrection.
6. Blessed and holy is he who shares in the first resurrection! Over such the second death has no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and they shall reign with him a thousand years.
7. And when the thousand years are ended, Satan will be loosed from his prison
8. and will come out to deceive the nations which are at the four corners of the earth, that is, Gog and Magog, to gather them for battle; their number is like the sand of the sea.
9. And they marched up over the broad earth and surrounded the camp of the saints and the beloved city; but fire came down from heaven and consumed them,
10. and the devil who had deceived them was thrown into the lake of fire and sulphur where the beast and the false prophet were, and they will be tormented day and night for ever and ever.
11. Then I saw a great white throne and him who sat upon it; from his presence earth and sky fled away, and no place was found for them.
12. And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Also another book was opened, which is the book of life. And the dead were judged by what was written in the books, by what they had done.
13. And the sea gave up the dead in it, Death and Hades gave up the dead in them, and all were judged by what they had done.
14. Then Death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. This is the second death, the lake of fire;
15. and if any one's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.