1. [Song of Ascents] Often as men have attacked me since I was young -- let Israel repeat it-
2. often as men have attacked me since I was young, they have never overcome me.
3. On my back ploughmen have set to work, making long furrows,
4. but Yahweh the upright has shattered the yoke of the wicked.
5. Let all who hate Zion be thrown back in confusion,
6. let them be like grass on a roof, dried up before it is cut,
7. never to fill the reaper's arm nor the binder's lap.
8. And no passer-by will say, 'The blessing of Yahweh be on you! 'We bless you in the name of Yahweh.'