1. This is another word that came to Jeremiah from Yahweh:
2. Yahweh, God of Israel says, "Write in a book all that I have communicated to you,
3. for the days are coming when I shall bring my captive people Israel and Judah back to the land I gave to their fathers as their inheritance.
4. These are words spoken by Yahweh to Israel:
5. We have heard cries of fear, terror and not peace!
6. Ask and see: Does a man bear children? Then why do I see every strong man with his hands on his hips like a woman in labor, every face turned a ghastly color?
7. How terrible that day! there is none to equal it! It is a time of distress for Jacob, but he will be saved.
8. On that day, - declares Yahweh of hosts - I will break the yoke around his neck and burst his bonds, that strangers may no longer enslave them.
9. They will instead serve Yahweh their God and David their king whom I will raise up for them.
10. Yahweh says, "Fear not, Jacob my servant. Be not dismayed, Israel, for I will rescue you and your descendants from that far-off land where you are captive. Jacob shall return and know peace, molested by no one.
11. I am with you to save you. I will utterly destroy the nations where you are scattered. You alone shall not be destroyed, but I will discipline you justly and not let you go unpunished."
12. Yahweh says, "Your wound is incurable, your injury is grievous.
13. There is no one to plead your cause. There is a remedy for an ulcer but no healing for you!
14. All your lovers have forgotten you; they care nothing for you. For I struck you as an enemy does, with a cruel punishment, because of your great guilt and the wickedness of your sin.
15. Why cry out now that you are hurt? Is there no cure for your pain? Because of your great crime and grievous sin I have done this to you.
16. Yet all who devour you will be devoured. Your oppressors will be taken captive; your plunderers will be plundered and those who despise you will be despised.
17. Because you were called 'outcast - Zion for whom no one cares,' I will restore you to health and heal your wounds," says Yahweh.
18. Yahweh says, "I will restore my people into Jacob's tents and have pity on his dwellings. The city will be rebuilt over its ruins and the palace restored on its proper place.
19. From them will come songs of praise and the sound of merrymaking. I will multiply them and they shall not be few. I will bestow honor on them and they shall not be despised.
20. Their children will be as before and their community will be established before me. I will ask their oppressors to account.
21. Their leader will be one of themselves, their ruler shall emerge from their midst. I will bring him close to me for who would dare to approach me?
22. You shall be my people and I shall be your God."
23. See the storm of Yahweh bursting forth in fury; like the turmoil of a hurricane it sweeps down on the head of the wicked.
24. The fierce wrath of Yahweh will not turn away until he has done and accomplished the purpose of his heart. In the latter days you will understand this.