0. A Psalm of David.
1. Blessed be the LORD, my rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle;
2. my rock and my fortress, my stronghold and my deliverer, my shield and he in whom I take refuge, who subdues the peoples under him.
3. O LORD, what is man that thou dost regard him, or the son of man that thou dost think of him?
4. Man is like a breath, his days are like a passing shadow.
5. Bow thy heavens, O LORD, and come down! Touch the mountains that they smoke!
6. Flash forth the lightning and scatter them, send out thy arrows and rout them!
7. Stretch forth thy hand from on high, rescue me and deliver me from the many waters, from the hand of aliens,
8. whose mouths speak lies, and whose right hand is a right hand of falsehood.
9. I will sing a new song to thee, O God; upon a ten-stringed harp I will play to thee,
10. who givest victory to kings, who rescuest David thy servant.
11. Rescue me from the cruel sword, and deliver me from the hand of aliens, whose mouths speak lies, and whose right hand is a right hand of falsehood.
12. May our sons in their youth be like plants full grown, our daughters like corner pillars cut for the structure of a palace;
13. may our garners be full, providing all manner of store; may our sheep bring forth thousands and ten thousands in our fields;
14. may our cattle be heavy with young, suffering no mischance or failure in bearing; may there be no cry of distress in our streets!
15. Happy the people to whom such blessings fall! Happy the people whose God is the LORD!